When ordering a made to measure waistcoat, you will need to provide me with your body measurements (that's your body, not the finished garment sizes) for chest, waist and the back length required. Send me your actual measurements - do no make any allowances - I will allow room for fitting out.
- The length is measured from the neck to the bottom of the waistcoat, on the BACK of the WAISTCOAT. The regular back on ready-made waistcoats is 21-22"
- Men's chest is measured around the chest just below the arms.
- Ladies' bust should be measured the same as in bra measuring - round the fullest part of the bust and beneath, plus your bra cup size is helpful.
- The waist is measured around the waist (see NOTE below)
- Also add hip measurements - larger ladies may find a longer garment is more flattering to the figure
If you are at all unsure, please contact me first.
Ready made bow ties to match most waistcoats at just £5 each
Two pockets can be added for £5 extra per waistcoat
Bright red lining and/or back is an option (see an example here)
Measuring the WAIST means the widest part, if you are blessed with a substantial middle.
Don't be coy - I can't make a waistcoat to fit if you don't reveal your true figure!